Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
omg i could burst ! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

omg i could burst !

+5
sands-62
mikamik
simbalove
Tracy
denie1234
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

omg i could burst ! - Page 2 Empty Re: omg i could burst !

Post by simbalove Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:05 pm

denie1234 wrote:ive been shouting all the names i sound like a right twit..and molly doesnt know whats going on..lol i forgot to mention last night the black little boy has a hernia (umbilical) but she said they are quite common and nothing to worry about and i was also worried that sometimes when the puppy walked his legs at the back were flat and he looked like a seal especially being all black ..he wasnt the only pup doing it and the breeder said that its because hes still only just over 5 weeks ..im hoping someone will know if this is true im not saying i dont trust the breeder but after molly im very cautious x
My boy Beau had a large hernia all his life (he was very short-corded at birth and came out with a bit of a gush) but it didn't cause him any problems HOWEVER, you need to read up on it and be aware of the problems that can happen so that should the hernia strangulate you are aware and can get him to the vets asap. You can have it repaired when he is old enough but I wouldn't recommend it until he is quite a bit older - often the hernia is either completely sealed or is definitely much smaller as the puppy grows but the hole doesn't. If you have the hernia repaired you would not be able to show him according to kennel club rules.
As to the flat legs hmmmm it is rather a long time since I had puppies that young but I would have thought that by five weeks they would be up on their legs.... not sure about that one sorry!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by denie1234 Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:24 pm

hmm its awkward isnt it especially knowing she specifically didnt advertise the black one on her web page on champdogs and knowing i already know about the hernia it worrys me i might be making the wrong choice ,when we first went i picked out the black and white one ,as he was the only one that licked my nose when i picked them up ,but then this time i fell in love with the other one but he did wriggle a little when i picked him up..how does a puppy pick the owner lesley?

denie1234
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2010-06-01
Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by denie1234 Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:25 pm

oops forgot to say the black and white one had no problems walking at all and was into everything even my little toe lol

denie1234
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 pm

When we bought Tasha I took her to the vets for a check over to be sure there wasn't a problem with her and she found a tiny hernia .the vet said that if we had her spayed it could be done then, as we haven't had that done as yet and don't know that we will. Tasha hasn't had a problem with it. I can only say what I have experienced.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I think a puppy that is outgoing that actually comes to you and your voice. In my case with Rooney I had 8 litle puppies shouting at me to take home....... I am pleased with my choice with Rooney but I have no idea what made me go for him.
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:10 pm

When I got Isabella I was actually expecting to come home with her sister - but when I got there my git instinct was to pick up Isabella who did what her brother when I first held him, which was to snuggle into me and kiss me to death telling me she was coming home with me - when I did eventually hold her sister there was nothing there!

If you only want this puppy for a pet then it doesnt matter which puppy you have tho i would be a little concerned about the black puppy until i could be sure it was moving with no problems.

If however you are wanting to show as you have said before and you seemed disappointed with Molly's chances of showing then perhaps this is not the litter for you?? I don't think we can make the decisions for you Hun - you need to decide what you really want and then make a decsion. I haven't seen the pups in the flesh so I can only go on what I see, dog showing is a hard "sport" to break into - I say sport rather tentatively because even if you have the perfect dog if you are an unknown or your face does not fit it is hard to get anywhere!!
If you are serious about doing it then you need to buy the best you can afford and maybe even wait a while to go to some shows yourself and find out what is about and what you like/dislike yourself and make some connections to enable you to buy a puppy from a show breeder. I have said this before and I stand by it. If you want this puppy for pet (and there is nothing wrong in wanting a puppy for pet) then it is only important that the puppy is healthy and that you are madly in love with it lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by denie1234 Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:34 pm

ill be totally smitten in the car on the way home you know what im like whichever one i choose ,i do trust the breeder thats why i want one of hers ,im not too worried about the hernia as ive just spoken to the vet and they have also put my mind at rest ,ive been going backwards and forwards looking at both pics trying to see the difference in their face shape but they look the same to me..i suppose its just the knowledge over the years ,thank you though everyone ....im still a bit undecided and i was supposed to ring her last night and tell her which one i wanted lol

denie1234
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Aah if you should have rung her last night,as Lesley has said is this litter for you? I am not trying to dissuade you hun but sounds like you aren't sure. Personally I would look at a few more litters and take your time. It is so difficult I know I have been there myself ,you see these adorable Shih Tzu's
and you have to have one and like me you don't like to say to the breeder.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denie1234 Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:19 pm

well by the time id got off here it was too late to ring her , to be honest i dont trust many breeders in my area so i thought id get one that had a very good reputation ,the breeder is on champdogs website and the kennel club and i think she's accredited (i think thats what it is) she has also shown dogs before but shes now 70 (not that she acts or looks it mind you) so has given up showing and this may be her last litter ,my gut instinct is to go with the black and white one because thats the one that fell asleep at my feet after nipping my little toe and when i picked it up licked my nose ,lol

denie1234
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Go with your gut instinct, that is the only thing you can do. You have seen the puppies, played with them, seen how they reacted to you, so you know what they are like. We saw one litter and walked away from it, because something just didn't feel right, but when we went to see Simba's litter, it was a different story. It just felt right. After playing Simba settled down and went to sleep on me, and gave me a lovely lick. We just clicked straight away from day one, and that was it. Although he is not really my dog, but my Mums, there is a bond between us, that I hope is never broken. Anyone will tell you, when it happens you will know I can assure you, and nothing will feel as good as that feeling of a good companion.
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by denie1234 Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:45 pm

thanks hun ,ive just been on the phone to the breeder and she said straight away i bet you have picked the black and white one before i even said anything ..lol she knew he was the one for me the first time we went but she said she didnt want to pick the pup for me but she could tell he was "the one" straight away so im really happy now , the shih tzu in your avatar pic looks like this little one ..is his name gus or am i getting confused ,i said to call this one gus as we will be picking him up 4th august lol xxxxx

denie1234
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Pleased you are all sorted!! So excited for you!

teddy hug
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

Post by denie1234 Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 pm

thank you i cant wait to pick him up now ..hes due to be picked up on the 4th aug but we will be away so she said she would keep him for us and by that time he will be 10 weeks and would of had all his injections and the microship so im glad i wont have to take him for that ! hope it goes quick,i know its going to be hard work with both being so young and of different sex but im sure ill manage (im hoping) with everyones help and advice on here ,i wont be breeding so i was going to get molly spayed but after reading a few articles its also better to get the boy done as well ,what do you think hun x

denie1234
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahangel Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:03 am

Congratulations, there's nothing more exciting than looking forward to a new pup. bet you'll be wishing your holiday away now clap

Sarah and Panda
sarahangel
sarahangel
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2010-07-23
Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaF Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 am

I just saw the pictures of the two puppies you saw and they are gorgeous - I think I would have had trouble choosing between them too. I am trying to convince my mum and dad to let me have a baby brother or sister for Tyler but I am not holding out much hope so far. He is nearly 10 months now and we just had him neutered - he has been really good but would not wear the plastic cone round his head - not that I blame him. I did wonder whether having him done was the right thing at first since we were up all night for the first couple of nights making sure he was ok but I think now it was better to get it done. HIs stiches come out on Tuesday and he hasn't touched them once so all seems to have healed nicely...phew!

AmandaF
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2010-03-26
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am

denie1234 wrote:thanks hun ,ive just been on the phone to the breeder and she said straight away i bet you have picked the black and white one before i even said anything ..lol she knew he was the one for me the first time we went but she said she didnt want to pick the pup for me but she could tell he was "the one" straight away so im really happy now , the shih tzu in your avatar pic looks like this little one ..is his name gus or am i getting confused ,i said to call this one gus as we will be picking him up 4th august lol xxxxx

Congratulations Smile I bet you can't wait until next week now. Not long to go! The ball of fur in my avatar is Simba, but that was taken a year ago now. I really should update the photo, but love that one taken the day we bought him home. I think Gus is a brilliant name, you are in for so much fun, and don't forget we need plenty of pics of those first few days!
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum