Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
HELP ME PLEASE !!! EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

4 posters

Go down

HELP ME PLEASE !!! Empty HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Post by catbailey19 Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

hiya everyone, sorry not been on here much lately been totally busy.

I have a problem! i have 4 shih tzus, 2 are male, 2 are female (i hobby breed). Louigi my stud is a good little stud and when the girls are on season if he is begining to hassel them i call him and he leaves them alone which is amazing lol. but his brother monty hasnt ever done the deed and gets very frustrated! he is constantly barking, whining, and if he is let out the cage he scratches the girl in season, nips her trys to hump her head or side but never actually could do the deed no matter how much time we gave him i dont think he would get the gist of it lol. but the problem i have is obviously his behavour!
we had him injected with the hormone castrastion the other week and the vet told us that if this didnt work then the actual castrastion operstion wouldnt work! and it hasnt worked.....Help! what do u guys think or what would you do as he is driving us all up the wall and i feel like pulling my hair out as my other male is as good as gold! you wouldnt believe how he is as its so unbelieveable, he'll pull the cage is shes in with his teeth all around the kitchen. its crazy! some one please help Sad xxx
catbailey19
catbailey19
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2008-10-27
Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

HELP ME PLEASE !!! Empty Re: HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Post by simbalove Fri May 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Not quite sure what to say to this! You have to feel for the poor dog too - it must be so frustrating for him to have girls in season around him and not be getting any! I take it this behaviour is only when the girls are in season? Can you not keep them in separate rooms during those few weeks?

You don't say how old he is but the description of nipping, humping head and sides is all normal mating behaviour! Other than keep them apart and make sure they are getting plenty of exercise I can't offer anything else sorry. Poor dog teddy hug
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by x Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 pm

I know this may sound extremely hard of me to write this but as my mother used to breed Yorkies I know her advice would be to help the little dog to have good life away from all the frustration in.....another loving home ......sorry, but the dog must come first it is his life that is being ruined not your own and you owe it to him to let him relax. He never will in this environment. His behaviuor now will only get worse . You must help him. I speak from experience having had two female Yorkies who would fight to the death if given the chance when one or the other was in season ( I did have an entire male Yorkie as well at the time and two other females ) ...spaying did not work so I had to give one up to another loving home...and my heart still aches as I loved them both I didn't know which one to choose to go I tried having them in seperate rooms but it is hard remembering to keep doors closed and when they got to each other it was bad ( sorry I'm crying as I write this and it was over 20 years ago). I know this post will hurt deeply but if it is as bad as you say think how you would feel if you were that little dog. I'm sure many breeders go through this alot but when they have this problem it is what they do 'find other homes'.I know you love your dogs very much and hope you find a solution that works for you and your dog. I'm sending all my love and I'll be thinking of you HELP ME PLEASE !!! 132239

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2009-07-29
Number of posts : 520

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Fri May 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Well done for putting your experience in writing! Our dogs mean so much to us and we do what we can to give them the best life possible. I hope Cat can work something out for Monty bless him. I often see older dogs for sale and guess this is one of the reasons why they do have to so I will definately take a different view on them after reading this. teddy hug
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

Post by catbailey19 Sun May 30, 2010 2:53 pm

hey guys thanks for your advice. but i will not be giving monty up as my dogs are my loved pets 1st and hobby breeding only is now and then so he comes 1st. i do feel for him as what i ment by saying i feel like pulling my hair out is the fact that i dont know what to do to help him as i really feel for him and his stress! He is my mothers dog as i live at home we both have 2 dogs each so it wont really be a problem when i move out next year but obviously we dont want him up set in the mean time.

He will be 3 in june and yes only does it when a girl is in season. but the strange thing is when his brother (the stud) isnt interested any more as its later in the season ...thats when monty becomes interested lol.

He is doing alot better now and has calmed down Smile he is alot happier and can lye next to poppy without hasseling her lol so things are back on track he hasnt really done anything like this before only the last couple of times the girls have come on. But mum has decided to get poppy sprayed instead as the op wouldnt work for monty anyway.

thanks again for adivce xx
catbailey19
catbailey19
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Sun May 30, 2010 3:27 pm

That's great that Monty has now calmed down! They do make us panic don't they!
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

Post by x Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 pm

I am so pleased this has had a happy result as I really didn't want you to have to make the same choice I was reluctant make all those years ago. I had not understood that you were at home with your parents and there is a possibility of you leaving next year, that will help a great deal toward this problem recurring. I took two years with my dogs to try and overcome my problem then had to do what I did anyway. SEX it causes problems in every species doesn't it HELP ME PLEASE !!! Lol

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2009-07-29
Number of posts : 520

Back to top Go down

Post by catbailey19 Mon May 31, 2010 3:54 pm

lol! your totally right there. i wouldnt ever give them up id rather give up breeding lol love them too much Smile x thanks again
catbailey19
catbailey19
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Mon May 31, 2010 4:02 pm

as it is only a problem during a short time in the girls season it is possible to work round this. Have you thought of bromide? Only joking but thats what they gave soldiers in the war lol. Glad u love ur babes like i do xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum