Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Similar topics
Latest topics
» Sleep Well
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

When can my pup have a bath??

+5
PhoebeMeesha
NeeNee
Debbie
simbalove
LeeEmmaandMarley
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When can my pup have a bath?? - Page 2 Empty Re: When can my pup have a bath??

Post by simbalove Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Kaz65 wrote:
Fluffyangel wrote:I start by putting it on near them and once their used to the sound then sit them on your knee and pretend to dry yours wafting alittle on them......then go in for the kill lol!

No this is the way i do it and after a week of doing this they couldnt care less 👼

That's what I do with Poppy. When I dry my hair I will turn it to her just for a second or so then back to my hair its now a game with her as she now trys to catch the air in her mouth which is funny to see. lol!

Josh also did that and I used to laugh so much cos it was like watching the muppet show. he was almost a year old the first time he just lay there all casual while I dried him and I had a little cry cos I knew it was the last time he would do his little performance Sad Sad
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Kaz65 wrote:
Fluffyangel wrote:I start by putting it on near them and once their used to the sound then sit them on your knee and pretend to dry yours wafting alittle on them......then go in for the kill lol!

No this is the way i do it and after a week of doing this they couldnt care less 👼

That's what I do with Poppy. When I dry my hair I will turn it to her just for a second or so then back to my hair its now a game with her as she now trys to catch the air in her mouth which is funny to see. lol!

bouncy lol
claire
claire
Best of Breed
Best of Breed

Registration date : 2008-10-28
Number of posts : 1478

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:31 pm

simbalove wrote:YOu need to get her used to it whether she likes it or not Claire - they all are like that to begin with but they soon get used to it, provided you use it and insist on using it lol!

groan i missed this lesley.. i try it every time but she shrieks like a banshee and runs downstairs, gets into the cats igloo and rolls it around the living room, wriggling inside it to dry herself off lol! last time, she wriggled so hard she pulled the mat up in the bottom of the igloo and it blocked the entrance, so it was just this big cushiony pyramid roling round the room and barking!! its a nightmare tho seriously, i have NEVER seen an animal scream and wriggle so much (and it is a scream!) anyone would think i was trying to kill her!
claire
claire
Best of Breed
Best of Breed

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:34 pm

LoopyLu wrote:Awwww bless him!! Fab pics.

Willow is really good now with baths, still not happy with the dryer, barks at it and tries to eat the air!! I have found it easier to pop her in her puppy pen and dry her in there, while she runs around like a lunitic!!

ooh ill try this next time lucy... good idea.. trap the little b****r so there's no escape lol!
claire
claire
Best of Breed
Best of Breed

Back to top Go down

Post by LoopyLu Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:48 am

lol! Yep thats the idea Claire!! That way when I am drying her she is more relaxed and my sofa is safe from her wee and pooh, as soon as she is out of the bath she likes to go...like she can't be clean for more than 30 seconds!!

LoopyLu
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by claire Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:05 am

lol! they can be grubby little things cant they. I was drying my hair this morning and quickly put the dryer on boo a couple of times and she ran off crying into her crate! Rolling Eyes
claire
claire
Best of Breed
Best of Breed

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:44 pm

claire wrote:
simbalove wrote:YOu need to get her used to it whether she likes it or not Claire - they all are like that to begin with but they soon get used to it, provided you use it and insist on using it lol!

groan i missed this lesley.. i try it every time but she shrieks like a banshee and runs downstairs, gets into the cats igloo and rolls it around the living room, wriggling inside it to dry herself off lol! last time, she wriggled so hard she pulled the mat up in the bottom of the igloo and it blocked the entrance, so it was just this big cushiony pyramid roling round the room and barking!! its a nightmare tho seriously, i have NEVER seen an animal scream and wriggle so much (and it is a scream!) anyone would think i was trying to kill her!
I am afraid I take the line that it has to be done and have been guilty of holding them in a vice like grip - they soon realise that it doesn't kill them and while they might not like it they get to tolerate it lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2