Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue

5 posters

Go down

I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue Empty I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue

Post by AJ Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Am I the only one whose heart gets broken everytime i get sent a link to a shih tzu in rescue. One has just broken my heart. He is stunning and in rescue in London, the usual story, kids being unkind to him...there should be some law to stop this!!!!!! people should be made to pass a test or something to demonstrate they are fit to have a dog...If i could I would have a house full but I work full time and pay a fortune for my chap to go to day care when I am out all day and could not afford two!!! sorry rant over...sometimes I hate human beings for what they do xxx argggggggggggg mad as hell 

if anyone is in London and wants a gorgeous addition  http://themayhew.org/dogs/cookie-2/
AJ
AJ
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2013-02-08
Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue Empty Re: I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue

Post by sands-62 Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:18 pm

I am with you on this one AJ. I still think that the licence fee  should have been kept. I t is all too easy for anyone to get a puppy/dog.
Btw did you contact Honey's Dog Food?
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue Empty Re: I hate it when a friend sends a link to a shih tzu in rescue

Post by AJ Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi yes I have I have asked if it is possible to have food without offal. I am still waiting for a reply. I might give them a bell in the morning.
AJ
AJ
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:19 pm

AJ wrote:Hi yes I have I have asked if it is possible to have food without offal. I am still waiting for a reply. I might give them a bell in the morning.
I think one thing Honey's say is they make every order for that particular customer. Which is probably one reason it makes Honey's more expensive than others. So I don't think not putting Offal in should be a problem. I will be interested to hear what they say and how much it is.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:44 pm

He is lovely isn't he?  Just as Theo and Gilbert were with me.  I cannot understand anyone not wanting to love their shih tzu to eternity!!  And then when you get something as beautiful and loving as my little Molly and she has been cruelly treated well it just blows my mind.

I can tell you though that this little man won't be waiting long for a new home..  the little furries like shih tzu fly out of rescue... it's the staffies and like that I feel sorry for xx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Its funny isnt it how we develop affinities for particular breeds. I am wary of staffs (I know I have staff prejudice and they are all different...however I just dont really like them in my space or anywhere near my dog!). I have had to get over this because Archie goes to day care with a staff and the staff is really nice....in the meantime I coo over every shih tzu I meet even though in the past week I have met three choppy little sods! all three of them needed to learn some manners!
AJ
AJ
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:41 pm

We were in Pets At Home today and I turned around to be met by the biggest Great Dane I have ever seen a dark grey mottled one I think they are called Harlequin.He was gorgeous but just wandering around unleashed which I think was wrong, because if a small child came around it could have frightened him/her for life.He was called Scooby I guess he came in often as the staff knew him. I saw some Natures Menu Lamb & Chicken a new variety I thought I would try it and maybe send them to the kennels with some when we go away next month.I am a bit wary of sending them with the expensive food.I must say I was impressed it was a nice consistency not watery either.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:20 am

Dad was taking Simba for a walk the other day and a guy asked if he was a shih tzu. Dad got chatting to the guy, and he told him how he found a shih tzu dumped in a skip where he was working in a disgusting condition. Dad wasn't sure if the dog was about three months old or the guy had had her for three months, but he was now totally smitten by the breed. It has cost him a fortune to get her coat sorted as it was completely matted and he has paid for all her injections etc, but he said she was such a loving little thing and so full of character. How people could do such disgusting things to a lovely breed I do not know. This poor little dog has been treated so badly, but has a massive heart to forgive humans and become a loving little companion. Her original owners had obviously done work with her because the guy said she was housetrained. Unfortunately she wasn't chipped so if she was stolen and dumped there was no way of tracing her original family. Luckily this guy has taken her in and given her a lovely home, I hate to imagine what could have happened if he hadn't come along. Sad
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:57 am

It is incredible how little someone thinks they can treat a dog. I wonder how long she had been in the skip. Probably not long. Thank goodness the story has had a happy ending. Dogs are such loyal little beings.
 teddy hug
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:22 pm

thank goodness this had a happy ending, so many don't. I hate it. If I could I would have a housefull.
AJ
AJ
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:11 am

Me too! I joined a facebook group ages ago that tried to help unwanted shih tzus. Good idea but u feel so wound up every time u looked on the page. So i gave it up.
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down