Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Hi everyone x EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Hi everyone x EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Hi everyone x EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Hi everyone x EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Hi everyone x EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Hi everyone x EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Hi everyone x EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Hi everyone x EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Hi everyone x EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hi everyone x

+6
lilly bell
simbalove
CrystalUK
sujay
sands-62
Suzey
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi everyone x Empty Hi everyone x

Post by Suzey Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi everyone

Thank you for letting me join your forum.  teddy hug 

I am hoping to have a new furry this year and am currently researching the toy breeds. I have only had cocker spaniels, who I love to bits. I lost Georgie at the end of last year, just eight months after my younger one Daisy Crying or Very sad and to say I am brokenhearted is an understatement.  My house is so quiet without a furry and as I live alone I really miss the company.  

I know that a young cocker will need a lot of exercise and as I am getting older in years, am thinking of maybe a companion breed this time, who would enjoy a walk, but not need hours of exercise.  Someone has recommended a Shih Tzu and I have read favourable comments, but never actually met one.  I am hoping to go to Crufts next month to do some research and hopefully meet some toy breeds (the other one I am interested in is Maltese).

I am pleased to have found this forum and will enjoy hearing all about your lovely fur babes wub 

Sue xxx
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2014-02-03
Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone x Empty Re: Hi everyone x

Post by sands-62 Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello and Welcome Suzey to Whispers I have two Shih Tzu's and am totally besotted with the breed. I have always had larger breeds in the past.They are a very loving breed. Total characters. I have two girls who absolutely adore each other. They will require grooming but they will usually just lie there while they are pampered.Many Shih Tzu owners do keep their coats long  which is not difficult to groom as some would think. I myself  clip them short as they go to kennels several times a year when we are away and as I had a bad experience once when they came home matted, I for my circumstances prefer to keep them short.
You can get a lot of information about the breed on the shihtzu.co.uk website and on the Kennel Clubs website . You can also find a reputable breeder on their too. There are many experienced Shih Tzu owners on here who you can always rely on giving you good advice, so ask away and don't be afraid  as we all started somewhere.

welcome 3
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzey Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you for the welcome Sands and for the info  thanks Cockers are very loving too and so your furries sound perfect. I am used to grooming my dogs and would enjoy learning about grooming a different breed  Wink x
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Suzey and welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. As you can see we are very friendly and love chatting about our fur babies and their antics, which I can assure you will keep you entertained for hours as shih tzu are masters when it comes to getting up to mischief! lol!

They are an amazing breed, and you are doing everything perfectly by investigating the breed before you get one, or two, or three!!! If you have any questions, just ask away and someone will soon be along to help you out. 

Going to Crufts will be a brilliant idea as you will be able to meet lots of lovely dogs. There are several members here who will be there, so if you ask a bit closer to the time, I am sure they would meet up with you to chat about the breed. Smile

hi piglet  welcome 3  welcome 2  welcome  wavey
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by CrystalUK Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi ya
Extending a warm welcome
 hi piglet
CrystalUK
CrystalUK
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2014-01-10
Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Suzey and welcome

Gooing to Crufts is a great idea and you will get to meet and see the characters for yourself.

The Shih Tzu is an amazing breed and life with them is wonderful.  They are quite hardy, fun loving, enjoy a walk if you want to  but are happy to lie on your feet if you don't feel up to it and they have such marvellous personalities.  Looking forward to hearing all about your choice of puppy and seeing photos in the future xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 am

Hi Sue,
Welcome to the group, from me and Contessa.

hi piglet  welcome 3  welcome 2  wavey
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2013-02-04
Number of posts : 599

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 pm

http://www.dogsmonthly.co.uk/breed-features/shih-tzu-little-lions/

Hi Sue,
I thought you may like to read this about the Shih tzu breed.As you read down the page where it says Lesley Wilbourne, this is our Lesley here on the forum Simbalove.
Just thought Id pass this on, Hope you enjoy reading it.x teddy hug
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzey Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Thanks sooo much Lilli belle that was really interesting  teddy hug appreciate that xxx
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 pm

It was that article that convinced us that a shih tzu was the right breed for my mum as she wanted a dog for company when my Dad went out. Almost five years down the line, my mum has had three strokes now, is housebound needing 24 hour care, but Simba is the better than anything to keep us all entertained. You could never choose a more sensitive understanding amazing breed. It also introduced me to Lesley who I now count as a brilliant friend.  teddy hug
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 pm

aw thank you Maxine and thank you Sue (and I am feeling guilty now because I have been wrapped up in my own problems since Christmas as my back has been really bad and my GPS have both retired and the young knowalls now running the surgery have no compassion nor any interest consequently telling me I don't have a degenerative back condition!! scratch so they are refusing to refer me to my consultant/surgeon and without that referral my consultant can do nothing to help me...so basically I have forgotten to contact my lovely friend and check how she is so I am so very sorry Sue - I do care...I just don't always show it  teddy hug  teddy hug  teddy hug  xxx)

I like a div had even forgotten about that magazine...
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzey Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Sorry to hear about your mum Sujay, but glad Simba is bringing happiness for you all  wub x

So sorry to hear of your back problems Lesley, not nice  group hug x
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks hun - had surgery in 2011 and had hoped that would be the end of it Sad

Still I have just registered with another GP and hope they will be more understanding and actually have the intelligence to familiarise themselves with my medical history lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:09 pm

I have a cocker spaniel and two shih tzu thy get on so well as I found hat two cockers just bounce off each other shih tzu still play but r much more manageable 
They r a good blend together :-)
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Lesley,
So sorry to hear your having problems with your back, and the trouble with the doctors. I am sat here now with a heat pad on my back as I have Spondylosis of the spine. I have a problem to with doctors, as you just seem to get to know a doctor, and then they move.

Hope your feeling better soon, and get a good doctor. teddy hug  hugging dogs
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Back problems seem not to be taken seriously by many doctors don't you agree Maxine?  This particular GP - who I have made an official complaint about - told me when I said that I have a degenerative spinal condition that I don't and his words were "All you had 2 years ago was a laminectomy" and he said that as if I had just had a cold or something.  In actual fact I had a lumbar decompression which did consist of a laminectomy plus a 3 disc fusion and because when they did pre op x rays they found that there was degeneration above the site of the fusion they decided to put spacers between the discs to try and slow down the degeneration.  When I told him if he looked back in my notes he would find MRI scan results confirming Ihad a degenerative spine condition he snottily told me that he couldn's see those because they weren't on his screen.

Sadly he and his colleague - both of them young and arrogant - have bullied out the two older GPs which is why they both left at Christmas Sad

I don't know where I would be without my heat pad hun...bet you are the same xxxx teddy hug
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:30 am

simbalove wrote:Back problems seem not to be taken seriously by many doctors don't you agree Maxine?  This particular GP - who I have made an official complaint about - told me when I said that I have a degenerative spinal condition that I don't and his words were "All you had 2 years ago was a laminectomy" and he said that as if I had just had a cold or something.  In actual fact I had a lumbar decompression which did consist of a laminectomy plus a 3 disc fusion and because when they did pre op x rays they found that there was degeneration above the site of the fusion they decided to put spacers between the discs to try and slow down the degeneration.  When I told him if he looked back in my notes he would find MRI scan results confirming Ihad a degenerative spine condition he snottily told me that he couldn's see those because they weren't on his screen.

Sadly he and his colleague - both of them young and arrogant - have bullied out the two older GPs which is why they both left at Christmas Sad

I don't know where I would be without my heat pad hun...bet you are the same xxxx teddy hug
So sorry Lesley you are having problems with your back. I think that changing your GP is the best way forward. Let us hope the new one will be more understanding. teddy hug 
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:40 am

sujay wrote:It was that article that convinced us that a shih tzu was the right breed for my mum as she wanted a dog for company when my Dad went out. Almost five years down the line, my mum has had three strokes now, is housebound needing 24 hour care, but Simba is the better than anything to keep us all entertained. You could never choose a more sensitive understanding amazing breed. It also introduced me to Lesley who I now count as a brilliant friend.  teddy hug

I can certainly echo that. Both you Sue and Lesley are the first ones I got to know on here after I got my second Shih Tzu Tasha and all the moaning on and banter of wanting a third one when OH wouldn't and still won't let me have a third. Sad to say I have given up on that now and really content with my two lovely girls.I have learnt so much in the 4 and bit years I have been on here, and will always be grateful for the help and advice I have received. So thank you.

thank you 
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 am

Sorry to take the thread off course, but please don't mention doctors to me, the forum would crash if I got started on them and their failings. They seem to think you don't know a thing and are only any good at masking a problem rather than trying to treat it.   mad as hell

Really sorry you aren't well Lesley, it sounds like you are struggling again and having doctors who don't care is not right at all. Don't feel guilty, I know you are always there when I need someone to moan to.  hugs  

I still haven't given up on your hubby Carol, one day we will all gang up and get the better of him. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Lesley,
I also suffer with Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, and Migraines. I Just got over the burning feeling in my chest from the Costochondritis. Now my back thinks oh it's my turn now to give her some pain.

Im so glad that you have changed doctors, Hope you are feeling better soon.
Maxine x
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Sounds like you have more than your fair share of ailments Maxine teddy hug

Carol I am sure you will get your third one some day - by hook or by crook lol!

Thanks all - havent' met the new GPs yet but what a difference... I went in to see if I was on their system yet although it was only 7 days into the 10 days it takes and I was so I asked about an appointment and have one next Thursday afternoon...OMG you can't get to see a GP for weeks in the old practice!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzey Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:14 pm

Oh dear so feel for you both ...sending healing thoughts and hope you can get help soon. Interesting to hear about your dogs Liz  Laughing 
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie01 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:08 pm

This is my third Shih Tzu. My last two lived to nearly 10 and 14yrs.

I am no spring chicken but have taken on a puppy who is 14weeks old now. It was hard the first week or so but things are settling down a bit now thanks to the replies on this forum.

My only other dog was a Jack Russell years ago but he had to be rehomed as he kept snapping at my husband.  We are divorced now so maybe the dog saw things I didn't at the time Very Happy 

Now a Shih Tzu is the only dog I would ever have. They are so loving, playful and are great companions especially if you live alone.

Good luck with whatever breed you choose but you can't go wrong with a Shih Tzu.
maggie01
maggie01
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2014-01-26
Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzey Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Aww Maggie I am pleased you have a lovely new friend  teddy hug whats his/her name? Thanks for posting  Wink x
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie01 Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi Suzey. My little ones name is Willow. My former dogs were Lulu who I lost 4yrs ago today and Cassie who I lost last November. All lovely girls. All different.
maggie01
maggie01
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2014-01-26
Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next