Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Advice please EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Advice please EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Advice please EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Advice please EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Advice please EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Advice please EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Advice please EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Advice please EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Advice please EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Advice please

5 posters

Go down

Advice please Empty Advice please

Post by teesuk Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi as you know i lost my shih tzu Gypsy 3 weeks ago and ive been bringing the pups up which are doing really well. I have been totally lost without Gypsy and saw a shih tzu advertised said she was KC reg both parents can be seen etc,went to look at her yesterday and fell in love,the lady again told us kc asked where dad was oh he living in london fair enough saw mam who was sweet looking,said here is paperwork from vets and kc ..........when we got home got paperwork out of car to find out she isnt KC but Pedigree pet register obviously not very happy especially when it only names the sire and none of his generation which i find strange,contacted them to say pup was doing great but upset over paperwork as the dog isnt KC and i paid what i would have done for KC dog,plus not seeing dad and info from the sire side not on paperwork,to be told by text that they are kc and she showed paperwork before i signed to say handing all responsibility over to me the paperwork does look like kc and they seemed genuine,unfortunately dad moved abroad yesterday what do i do

teesuk
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2009-09-23
Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Advice please Empty Re: Advice please

Post by simbalove Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 pm

contact a solicitor - as she has told lies...pedigree pet register is NOT the kennel club and anyone can write out a pedigree. Contact the kennel club as they may be able to advise you on a course of action. - but oh darling I would not have brought another puppy/animal into the house while you are rearing those puppies... please keep the animals apart you have no idea what you are bringing into the house she could be incubating any infection. Have a chat with your vet too about the risks to the babies and how to avoid any complications. xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Joanne.
Sorry to here about what happened to you, you have to be soooo careful I know on the internet there are a lot of puppy's for sale and there are a lot of con men and women, who tell lies about there puppy's. Some of the pictures they put on there, are not the same puppy's they have for sale.This is going on all the time with ALL breeds of dogs So buyers beware as like you said Joanne you paid for a kc registered puppy. Maxine xxx
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2013-02-04
Number of posts : 599

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:18 pm

We had a similar problem with our Maisy. John bought her as a surprise for me, he was told she was pure shih Tzu, he saw the mother who was a shih Tzu, and some sort of certificate anyone could download! As soon as I saw her i knew she was a crossbreed. I tried to ring the owner but she was never home so I rang citizens advice, they advised me to write to her giving her a date by which she had to pay compensation, as I didnt want to give Maisy back to her, . I also sent it registered post, they told me if she didnt reply to get in touch and they wpuld take it further for me. Her friend rang me as this lady was to ill to talk to me as I accused her of fraud, which it was. Apparently she let her bitch go to a stud dog away from her home for 4 days without being with her. I was fuming and told her I was going to report it to the RSPCA. I have never bred from my dogs, but never would I let them out of my sight, especially to be mated, as she was obviously got at by more than one dog. I did finally receive some money, cash through the post!!!!!! shows the mentality of some people. she did ask for Maisy back but I told her she wasnt fit to look after a spider nevermind a dog. The RSPCA closed the owner of the male dog down and shes not allowed to breed, not sure for how long. So you must find the strength to fight this. Do you have the original advert that said KC reg. as that is all the proof you need but you must put it in writing and keep a copy of the letter for yourself. If I can be of anymore help just let me know. good luck sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2011-04-26
Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 pm

http://www.ahkennel.net/beware.htm

Hi Joanne.The above website is good for everyone to reed it says BUYERS BEWARE FRAUDS and IRREPUTABLE BREEDERS ON THE NET. Almost to the bottom of the page in the pink back ground It talks about why is registration important on a pet, even if a puppy is bought as a pet. There is a lot of good information on there,for anyone looking to buy a puppy of any breed. What happened to you can happen to anyone. Maxine xxx
hugs 2
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:17 am

Joanne, do you have the original advert or can you get hold of a copy? Was it on the Internet or an ad in the paper? Much easier to get a copy if it was in a paper or magazine as you can contact the publishers.

Listen to the advice of Lesley and go to see a solicitor as soon as possible. Also as Sue has said go to trading standards for advice. It may take some time, but in the long run you may be able to stop others being conned by this despicable woman.
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by lilly bell Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Joanne.
I phoned up the kennel club for you, asked them what could you do . This is what they said, IT is an offence under the sale of goods act NOT AS ADVERTISED. Get in touch with trading standards, they will tell you how to go about this .Hope this is of some help to you .
Maxine xxx
lilly bell
lilly bell
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Maxine you are a gem xx
simbalove