Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

+5
Ioxia, Coco & Saska
lhasalover
mucky mutz
jay16570
simbalove
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

Post by sands-62 Sun May 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Alby looks lovely, He still looks like a little puppy, the groomer has done a lovely job.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 Empty Re: Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

Post by sujay Mon May 14, 2012 12:50 pm

He looks nice with his new haircut. Hope he finds a home soon. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Alby has a few peeps interested in him Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home - Page 2 780884 . Our adoption coordinator is going through the applications & arranging home-checks etc, so I'm expecting to get the call soon that the "best match" will be coming to visit. Here is todays post from the rescue forum;

"Thursday update;

Alby has been with us four weeks on Saturday, the time has flown by!
He's doing well on walkies, I've taken him out during refuse collection day & school-run times, plus rush-hour on the high street & he's not batted an eyelid, even when they were crashing & banging with the recycled bottles/glass; just walked on by. We got caught in a thunder-storm earlier this week & I found out he loves running! I reckon he'd be good at agility cos he was sprinting & leaping through the park to get home when the hail was bad. I would go jogging with him to get rid of some of his pent up energy but as we don't think he is even a year old, I know his bones would not be ready for that yet. Something to think about in the future; when he's an adult dog.
You do have to remind him to do his "business" in the garden, even if the back door is open in the good weather (yes we've had some sunshine this week). You have to go out & stand with him until he goes & give him a big fuss/treat. Otherwise he forgets to go out & you get a little puddle somewhere in the house .
He's still a bit snotty from his cold & is a loud snorer, I have to put ear-plugs in, or he wakes me up 2-3 times over night.
He loves playing with his toys & likes a lot of attention, just like a normal puppy. He's really soppy & snugly when he's tired & loves to cuddle up on the sofa next to you, or lie on your lap when you go to bed. He likes a brush & I've been doing it gently every day to get him used to grooming & also to help his skin shed the scabs from his spots. He only has a few on his haunches now though."

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-04-26
Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by jay16570 Thu May 17, 2012 2:05 pm

sounds like you have done a brillant job whilst you have had him,hopefully he will soon have a forever home,hope they contnue the good work you have done.well done
jay16570
jay16570
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2011-06-01
Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu May 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Even if the doors are open a puppy won't go outside to do its business until the penny drops and they realise that is the place we want them to go which is the bit that takes so long in toilet training. You are doing great with him and it looks like he won't be very long before he is off to a new home all of his own - making room for your next foster Jaqui lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 am

simbalove wrote:Even if the doors are open a puppy won't go outside to do its business until the penny drops and they realise that is the place we want them to go which is the bit that takes so long in toilet training.

I know Alby probably won't be fully toilet trained until he is a year old but I just want any potential adopters to be aware of it, so it's not a surprise - cos I don't want his forever-home to fail No . Hopefully they'll have had shiddies before & be clued up on the breed I love you.
I don't think there are many dogs waiting for foster at the mo that we could take (the one's on FOA RCT forum list are not cat-friendly, or need to be homed in South Wales) so maybe we will be having a break?
Ha Ha knowing Rachael she's probably got another up her sleeve, we don't know about yet Dog .

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Sat May 19, 2012 8:09 pm

what a very pretty lil pup he looks like he has a lil choc button nose which is lovely maggie has the same lil ball which is her fav toy i hope he finds a forever home soon before i come along and dog nap him lol
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Alby has been reserved clap . Awaiting a home-check.

Jacqui.

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 pm

That's such good news teddy hug
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Mon May 21, 2012 9:24 pm

yayyy!!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Sadly Alby is still looking for his new home - he has a few food and toy agression issues so needs to be in a home without children and other dogs and needs someone who can work on his issues with him.
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Recent update on FOA RCT;
"Alby continues to live with us, it'll be eight weeks on Saturday & that makes him approx' 10 months old now . We have decided if he is still here we shall celebrate his first birthday on my birthday - at the beginning of August, as he was found at the beginning of April. (The vet estimated him to be eight months old then; so four months later he'll be a year).
I had forgotten how much hard work puppies are! You need super-human senses & eyes in the back of your head, plus lots of energy. He's taken to chewing everything in sight, including me & wants to play all the time. Unfortunately I'm going through the menopause, so I get tired quickly & we've both had the flu which knocked us out at least week! (Hence no update last Thursday). It's shocking how badly the flu knocks you out, having only suffered from colds the last few years. I've had sinusitis, laryngitis & a chest infection; I'm still not 100% & my voice is just a squeak (at least I have it back as I completely lost it at one point).
The poor doglets knew we were poorly & it definitely effected them too. We had to get my sister around to walk them once a day & they are used to two, so it was difficult. Anyway thank goodness we are back to our old routine & at last the rain has stopped (for now ) so we are having some lovely, leisurely summer walkies.
Unfortunately Alby is still looking for a forever-home Crying or Very sad. He's not too good with other dogs, he's started snapping at me or Mimi when I make a fuss of her or let her sit on my lap etc, it appears to be jealousy/guarding. We are working on this & liaising with the dog-behaviourist & things are improving. He also barks/snarls at other dogs if they approach, when we are on walks - so it is probably for the best at present.
I find when he has at least two long walks & I play with him a lot to wear him out his behaviour is better. I also ensure I make a big fuss of him in the afternoons, I brush him & we have big cuddles while I watch TV - so he knows he gets as much attention as Mimi & the cat. He loves being groomed but we cannot touch the base of his tail, probably because he had a big sore there when he was a stray, (it's all healed now ).
We may be bringing him to the Summer dog show on the 30th with Mimi, so you can come & meet him on the cake stall if we do & see how beautifully he's come on Smile. I am determined he will be more friendly by then & hopefully not bark too much at the other doggies!"

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Sorry to hear that u have been unwell and alby has not been re-homed he is still cute even with his lil monster moments I love his lil nose ! Shame he does not do well at the moment with other dogs but u can't blame him after the terrible way he started life I would want all the love for me to . Hope he finds somewhere soon and u sell lots of cakes And have a good day
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Weekly update on FOA RCT;

"Alby is getting better with meeting other dogs now, although I do have to keep him on a short lead if they approach. He still barks but not as vicious & it's sort of half-hearted towards how he used to be .
We went to my sister's yesterday after work & he had a swim in her pool, he is a good swimmer but I guessed he would be from when we bathe him . He did start to snarl & lunge at their dog again initially, as they've been on hols & we've not seen them for two weeks nearly. Bruno is a sort of Alpha dog (big, long-haired, calm German Shepherd) he does a lot of obedience training & agility so he soon put Alby in his place & all three were running around her enormous garden playing with a ball, shaggy & damp.
We have been using Malaseb shampoo & at last Alby's spots/pustules have completely cleared . His fur is looking nice now too, all soft & curly however he is blowing his coat at the moment.
I'm thinking of trying to find some training classes that will take him when we get back from Wales, if he is still with us. I've rung a couple of local puppy classes but they said he would not be welcome, if he was too intimidating towards the other dogs! I have clients whose dogs I walk/pet-sit & they rescued a Scottie recently who is very similar, (she snarls/barks/lunges at other dogs she does not know). They have found somewhere that accepted her; there are two trainers & apparently one of them takes her off for some 1-1 work. It's a tad more expensive & further away but it may be worth a try if it helps him.

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:05 pm

O bless him seems a bit unfair not to let him go to training as the whole point is to help with this sort of thing. Maggie really enjoys a good swim to I hope he finds a home soon :-(
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm

U will have to upload new pics of the lil man
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Hope Jaqui doesn't mind - this is a video she uploaded for FOTA thought you might like to see xx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 pm

http://www.foa-rct.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=dogs&thread=11853&page=4#106620
I'm not going to be updating on here any longer, so if you wish to keep up on this little mans' journey please read on the above thread.

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Why not Jaqui? I haven't said/done something to upset you have I? I didn't think you would mind me posting the video xx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 pm

just sent you a pm
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:00 pm

That's a shame I like Reading about his progress I enjoyed the vid love it when they bark when thy r having fun throw there heads back the way they do
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:06 pm

You could see he had a real bond with Jaquiann and was so pleased he had done his recall xx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2