Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
getting the smell of wee out of carpet EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

getting the smell of wee out of carpet

+2
x
peroxideblader
6 posters

Go down

getting the smell of wee out of carpet Empty getting the smell of wee out of carpet

Post by peroxideblader Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post and it doesn't involve a shih tzu puppy directly but I am looking after my sister-in-laws dog whilst she goes away and he is an unneutered dog and has a tendency to wee indoors she has now told me, and I know if he does it in the house in one spot and I don't get the smell out of the carpet he is likely to keep going back to the same spot again and again. I can't remember what I used with my first rescue dog as it was about 17 years ago and my memory is not what it was lol!!!!
Any help for home made remedies or over-the-counter things to buy would be greatly appreciated...thanks

peroxideblader
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2009-07-23
Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

getting the smell of wee out of carpet Empty Re: getting the smell of wee out of carpet

Post by x Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:08 pm

I once watched a documentary about The Queen and it was mentioned that the housekeepers used soda water to remove /mop up the Royal Corgi wee from the carpets.I imagine they must have accidents too getting the smell of wee out of carpet Lol .Haven't tried it myself as we have an all wood floor , so we use a mop and bucket for little accidents.At least if it didn't work you could add some whiskey or something and drink it.

x
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2009-07-29
Number of posts : 520

Back to top Go down

getting the smell of wee out of carpet Empty Re: getting the smell of wee out of carpet

Post by simbalove Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 pm

There are some brilliant odour removers on the market, one really good make is by Simple Solution and tehy have an EXTREME version which is a bit pricey but it does the job, These are enzymatic odour/stain removers and I have used them with great success. I had a bitch once who had an accident while she was pregnant and for months after she returned to that spot in the carpet instead of going out. I was at my wit's end and then used one of these products and hey presto problem solved Very Happy
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by peroxideblader Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Thanks, I like the idea of the Queen's remedy as I can't imagine her carpets smelling even of Royal Corgis lol.....
Can you tell me where I would get the Simple Solution from can you get it online ? Thanks

peroxideblader
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:32 pm

You can pick it up at Pets at Homes, some garden centres and I daresay online too. Pet shops usually have a brand of odour remover too.

Did you ever get your own dog btw??
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peroxideblader Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:37 pm

thanks and have I heck.....there is a real shortage of breeders around by me and as I can't travel far it limits where I can get a pup, and the few that are local are constant breeders bascially puppy farms. I am off to see a 3 year old dog tomorrow from a lady that has stopped showing due to ill health, he is a Tibetan Terrier, gorgeous dogs, had one growing up and very like a bigger shiddie...so I have fingers and toes crossed....if this older dog doesn't work, I have made me husband promise me he will travel a bit further and get me my puppy...I am giving up hope boohoo xxx

peroxideblader
Junior
Junior

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't ever give up hope, something will come up when you least expect it. It is just that the right dog for you, hasn't found you yet that's all. teddy hug

Well done on not going to the puppy farms, if only more people would do that then they would never be able to carry on their disgusting money making schemes using dogs.
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Frugalkate Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:49 pm

I remember once when Danny was only about 14 weeks old we went to visit Grandma in Florida. Grandma's house is wall to wall in WHITE carpet. Well little Danny got sick and had very bad Diarrhea. What a disaster I thought, but my mom pulled out a bottle of Murphy's Oil Soap and after a few applications and throughly washing it came completely out. I couldn't believe it!
Frugalkate
Frugalkate
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2011-02-08
Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Haven't heard of that - I wonder if we can get it over here???
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frugalkate Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm

You should be able to. When we lived in Ireland we were able to get it at the local supermarket

[img]getting the smell of wee out of carpet Murphyoilsoap[/img]
Frugalkate
Frugalkate
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2011-02-08
Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I did do a search yesterday and found lots of links but none to purchase it here (though yes in Ireland - but I won't be defeated Very Happy)
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 am

I had a search round as well and found the same thing. There must be some stupid law that prevents it being bought into this country for some reason. Unless it is available but under some other name. Rolling Eyes Maybe we could contact the company direct. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:48 am

Having had several rescue dogs who are not housetrained I have found that Simple Solutions is the best thing for getting rid of stains and the smell you can buy it it PAH its not cheap but it does work x
Michele
Michele
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-10-06
Number of posts : 1938

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Yes Michele that is what I use too - works a treat Very Happy
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum