Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi

+2
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
YoshiSweet
6 posters

Go down

My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi Empty My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi

Post by YoshiSweet Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi everyone,

My name's Desiree and I just brought home my new 8 week old puppy yesterday. I didn't think I would be able to wait the 6 weeks for me to collect him, but the time eventually came and my husband, kids and I are in heaven. He's a gorgeous gold with a black mask and lots of personality. He's paper trained by the breeder and once we got him settled in the kitchen, he went straight to the paper to do his first wee, all of these and poos have been done on the paper. Thank goodness for the breeder, she did a great job getting him ready. I was really worried about our first night together, so my husband agreed that we should put his crate in our room for the first night. Well, within minutes of getting in around 8pm, he was fast asleep with his snoring. I heard him rustling round a few times in the night, but I just checked he was okay and didn't speak to him.

Then he woke me up around 5am this morning, whining and then barking, I wasn't sure if he was okay so I took him out and placed him on the papers in the kitchen downstairs, soon after he did a massive wee and poo. Now I know why he was barking, he needed to go to the toilet and wouldn't go in his crate, even though I had left paper on one side for him. Thank goodness I survived my first night, I guess I'll keep him busy playing today which should make him well and good tired for tonight.

I'd love to hear tips and any advice on advancing his paper training to outside, when and how to do this and also the best times to take him to the toilet at night.

Thxxx
Desiree
YoshiSweet
YoshiSweet
Puppy
Puppy

Registration date : 2010-02-06
Number of posts : 31

http://www.desiredesignsdesiree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi Empty Re: My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Desiree,

How exciting a new puppy! It sounds great with the toilet training! My two were little monkeys and one still is!

You will find shih tzus a pleasure to own and they are so loving. Mine are great company.

Everyone on the forum is really friendly and always provide excellent advice so its the best place to be!

Looking forward to seeing photos v soon!

Victoria, Rooney and Roxy x x hi piglet
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi Empty Re: My first day and with my new puppy Yoshi

Post by Tracy Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Sounds like heaven, the breeder obviously did a great job.
Welcome to Whispers Very Happy
Tracy
Tracy
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-10-09
Number of posts : 1746

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 am

Well done on finding such a brilliant breeder, they certainly sound like they did some of the hard work for you. I love the name Yoshi, think it really suits him. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by jketernity Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:25 am

Welcome to Whispers Smile
I was exactly the same waiting to get Pancakes! We've had him just under a year now and he has just turned 1 year old!! Yet i can still remember the anticipation and excitement waiting to get him - and i only had 2 weeks to wait...i couldnt have managed 6 weeks like you!!!
I wish i had joined this forum earlier on to get help and advice about our puppy, yet im still learning from it since joining at the end of January. Everybody is so helpful, friendly and full of informaiton and advice.
I have posted about potty training Yoshi in a different topic...hope you see it and i hope its useful.
They grow up so quickly, but its great that your breeder had already paper trained Yoshi for you - that was the hardest step for us to train Pancakes!
Good luck with your new puppy Yoshi and enjoy being a shih-tzu owner and member of Whispers!
jketernity
jketernity
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2010-01-31
Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi Desiree sounds like your breeder did a great job in starting your young man off on his toilet training and you did exactly the right thing with him. I know with Josh it was an early start for a few weeks but it doesn't take long before they can get up a bit later and it njust reinforces the training and allows the pup not to go backwards. He seems a very well adjusted young boy to have used his paper straight away in his new surroundings - which is good news for your family and I feel that he is going to fit in very well with your children. Shih Tzu absolutely adore their children friends and family and you are going to have many years of fun and unconditional love with Yoshi (love the name btw and he is very handsome too Very Happy)
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down