Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble

+4
sands-62
simbalove
sujay
Mercedes55
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble

Post by sands-62 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Hello.stranger.Yes I have to agree with you too. My daughter hadnt seen my girls for a while and she was surprised when she saw Mali how much bigger she was. In fact at first she thought it was Tasha. Tasha is due her booster so will take Mali and get her weighed.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Will find u on facebook! I keep coming off and going back on it.
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-05-12
Number of posts : 1846

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Can u find me? I cant find u teddy hug
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Gotta love Facebook, I seem to spend half my day on there Smile

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Registration date : 2012-08-01
Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 pm

I do for keeping in contact with people. I keep my timeline clean, i worry about security on there.
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Simba has been having a few problems recently, which I think are caused by stress. Dad is struggling with Mum and I think Simba is picking up on his stress, as he is such a sensitive little thing, so I will suggest Dad gets some herbs to help him. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz65 Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Aww bless hope she's feeling much better soon. Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 132239

As for Facebook i'm never off it Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 121985
Kaz65
Kaz65
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 1975

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooney, Roxy&Pip Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:31 am

sujay wrote:Simba has been having a few problems recently, which I think are caused by stress. Dad is struggling with Mum and I think Simba is picking up on his stress, as he is such a sensitive little thing, so I will suggest Dad gets some herbs to help him. Smile

Its amazing what these little dogs pick up from people. Our three act totally different with me, very calm etc but soon as my partner gets home they are barmy! They pick up on my good days and bad days health wise.

I am sure they know what day of the week it is too. i work from home mondays and fridays. I get up at the same time every day for their breakfast, on a sat, they know after breakfast we go back to bed for a lie in lol. Its funny how they all go trundling off upstairs.

Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Rooney, Roxy&Pip
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm

We are now on day 3 of Daisy having the Purina EN plus the Promax and if anything she is worse. This morning I put her out in the garden and she did one poo that was really full of mucous and was really runny. She then spent about 10mins galloping around, stopping to try to do more, but nothing really was coming out other than a bit of runny stuff. She ran back into the house, managing to get all the poo that had got onto her fur onto the floor, towel, carpet and sofa. I held her while OH cleaned her up but honestly she looked a right mess.

In herself she is absolutely fine so I'm really confused as to what is going on. I would have given her a bath to get all the poo off her bum but she was booked in at the groomers and as she seemed to be okay in every other way we took her to the groomers and she has trimmed all the poo covered hair off.

Got another vet's appt for later today and just hope the vet comes up with a better answer than last time. I know I shouldn't be cross with the vet but I am fed up of everything being blamed on their diet. When I look on the ingredients of the Purina EN they are so vague I can only imagine it's full of rubbish Rolling Eyes

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 am

Mercedes55 wrote:We are now on day 3 of Daisy having the Purina EN plus the Promax and if anything she is worse. This morning I put her out in the garden and she did one poo that was really full of mucous and was really runny. She then spent about 10mins galloping around, stopping to try to do more, but nothing really was coming out other than a bit of runny stuff. She ran back into the house, managing to get all the poo that had got onto her fur onto the floor, towel, carpet and sofa. I held her while OH cleaned her up but honestly she looked a right mess.

In herself she is absolutely fine so I'm really confused as to what is going on. I would have given her a bath to get all the poo off her bum but she was booked in at the groomers and as she seemed to be okay in every other way we took her to the groomers and she has trimmed all the poo covered hair off.

Got another vet's appt for later today and just hope the vet comes up with a better answer than last time. I know I shouldn't be cross with the vet but I am fed up of everything being blamed on their diet. When I look on the ingredients of the Purina EN they are so vague I can only imagine it's full of rubbish Rolling Eyes

Lyn

I missed this yesterday. I hope you have better advice from the other vet. A second opinion is never a bad thing. I am not sure what advice you will have been given. If it were one of mine I would stick with cooked chicken and rice for a day or two, and if the poo is as bad as it sounds even just giving her cool boiled water for a few hours to hopefully get whatever it is out of her system. I hope Daisy is better this morning.

teddy hug
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 am

Just a thought Lyn. I have been looking at feeding reviews on another Forum, Nature Diet in particular, and what they seem to suggest is that it is a very good food, but some dogs do have the runs on a particular one, ie: Salmon and Prawn Sensitive, one reviewer then switched to Rabbit and Turkey variety or Rice and Fish and it proved to stop the diarrhea so could it be the variety of Nature Diet maybe ? As Lesley said in an earlier post Josh can not tolerate Rice, so in Daisy's case it maybe one ingredient that is not agreeing with her tummy. BTW when I looked at a Dog Food Analysis website they weren't complimentary of Purina EN.
teddy hug
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 am

How is daisy this morning Lyn? What did the vet say yesterday, hopefully he could come up with some decent advice. As you say, they are very quick to blame the food when there is a problem. I think I would stick to boiled chicken and either rice or pasta for a couple of days, and see if she settles on that. Also try to make sure she is drinking as they can very easily become dehydrated when they have an upset tummy. teddy hug

sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Well so far today, touch wood, Daisy seems to be okay but I don't think we are out of the woods at all.

The vet yesterday gave her an injection of something to slow her gut down for 24/48hrs so we won't know till that wears off what is going on. He has also put her on antibiotics even though she still has no fever, but he said sometimes they get an infection if they've had bowel problems for more than a few days.

She is staying on the Purina EN as the vet said it's the blandest food to give her, although I'm not convinced and there is very little on the tin to say what exactly is in it. Mind you she does seem to like it.

She's done one poo today and it was fine, but of course the injection would be making things okay right now. We have to take her back on Thursday when we will see the vet we first saw last Wednesday.

Have to say we are totally confused as to what could be wrong with her and I'm just hoping it all clears up on it's own. We have the prebiotics now but the vet said not to use them until she is settled as it's putting too many variables into the equation.

As for her Nature Diet we only give Daisy the chicken one as we buy it in boxes and you only get the one flavour and she has always seemed happy with that.

I guess we will know more tomorrow as the injection will have worn off then.

Lyn

Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:46 pm

I guess as you say it is a case of wait and see. Have you contacted the breeder to ask her opinion she may have an idea or if she has come across it before. just a thought.
teddy hug
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:45 pm

sands-62 wrote:I guess as you say it is a case of wait and see. Have you contacted the breeder to ask her opinion she may have an idea or if she has come across it before. just a thought.
teddy hug

Yes Carol I did as she has about 11 shih tzu's and has been breeding for about 35yrs or something like that! She wasn't too sure what it was either but her first instinct was it was a bug that was going round. She did say hers get similar symptoms at times but I don't think they have any problems with mucous. She recommended something called Kayogel, not sure of the spelling, which I guess is a binding agent. I haven't bought any yet as I want to see how things pan out with the current treatment.

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz65 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Awwww bless poor thing.Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 132239

The vet told us to give chicken and rice also recommended scrambled egg for upset tummy. Hope she's better soon. Daisy has a bit of tummy trouble - Page 2 313452
Kaz65
Kaz65
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-09-26
Number of posts : 1975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2