Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Poorly little man! EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Poorly little man! EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Poorly little man! EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Poorly little man! EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Poorly little man! EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Poorly little man! EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Poorly little man! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Poorly little man! EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Poorly little man! EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poorly little man!

+5
sujay
Famke
sands-62
simbalove
suzytzu
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poorly little man! Empty Poorly little man!

Post by suzytzu Tue May 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Had to rush Charlie to the vets this morning. He was acting very strange when he woke up, very wobbly, struggling to stand and walk in a straight line,and constantly panting, you would swear that he was drunk.

He wouldnt eat or drink, and struggles to get out of the back door into the garden!! So we took him to the vets, she examined him and said that he needed to stay with them and have blood tests done, as she thought he was displaying signs of toxic posioning!!!!

Needless to say John and I were devastated, but obviously he needed to stay with them.

Had a phone call when we got home to say that Charlie had started fitting, and foaming at the mouth when we left, they gave him diazipam to calm him down, which it did do, he is on a drip and his bloods show a slight change in his blood cells, he will need further blood tests done to see if his liver or kidneys have been affected.

The vet is convinced it is something Charlie has eaten, but she said they may never find out exactly what!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment our little man is comfortable while he is on diazipam, but boy are we missing him, the house is so quiet and I swear that the others know there is something wrong, as they are all very subdued and just sleeping.

So I hope and pray that he will be ok and that he will soon be well enough to come home, its a horibble feeling we both feel so helpless, but know that he is in safe hands, the vet has been lovely, and is going to ring later with another progress report, so hope it will be good news
Thanks for listening sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2011-04-26
Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Poorly little man! Empty Re: Poorly little man!

Post by simbalove Tue May 01, 2012 6:34 pm

OMG how awful for you and how worrying. I do hope that Charlie is OK. Has he been walked on any grass that may have been treated for weeds? Slug pellets? Is there a dog hater in your neighbourhood?

I do hope that your vet can keep him stable and give his system chance to recover. It definitely sounds like some sort of toxicity. he is in the best place right now - I know you are missing him but your lovely vet is the best person to look after him.

I wish I could say something to help but it is hopeless as nothing I can say will make you feel any better. i am going to email you my phone number should you wish to chat at any time hun xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Tue May 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi, thank you, the vet has just rung and said that they are flushing Charlies system out, and he seems to be responding so they are pleased with him. Still dont know about his kidneys or liver till his other blood results come back, but at least hes stable.

I feel alot better since she rang,so glad we took him right away and didnt leave it.
Will keep you updated.

We do walk the dogs on fields, but not aware of them being sprayed, also where we live most people own dogs, so dont think its anything malicious, but you never know!!!! will have to be more alert when out with them in future
Thanks sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I am so glad he is stable Sue - I havebeen popping back and forth on here all evening (even when I was supposed to be working) to get news and I was really worried for you. You acted so quickly and he is a young dog so hopefully he will make a full recovery. Sending you all big hugs xxxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Wed May 02, 2012 7:02 am

I am so glad Charlie is stable now. You have had a very worrying time.With being such a small breed their faces are always to the ground so they are probably more vunerable to anything on the grass. This time of the year farmers are spraying all sorts of things on the fields, so as you say you may never know what it was. Is it possible to ask the farmer if he has sprayed anything? or maybe if you see other walkers to see if thier dogs have been affected by anything in there.Glad he is hopefully on the way to recovery.

Poorly little man! 132239
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 am

Thank you so much for your concern, it really does help to know that others care. Thats a good point asking the famer. He did spray his fields earlier this year and we avoided them for a while, not aware of them being done again but you never know. Its just so strange that its only Charlie, as they all go on the field. ( Not all at the same time lol) 14 dogs is a bit much to handle all at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have had some really big slugs in the garden with all this rain, also we habe crows nesting in the trees in our garden and i have found 2 dead ones on the lawn, so you just dont know it could be something closer to home!

Thank you once again for your concern it has helped sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 am

Yes the Crows are a nuisense at the moment but is interesting that 2 have been found dead.We have one that insists on banging at our new patio windows so we have put china dogs in the porch and stupidly they they think they are real,but at least they are leaving them alone now. Do you think Charlie will be well enough to come home today?
Carol xx
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by Famke Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 am

Oh dear such a worry about poor little Charlie! I do hope he is on the mend now and you will be able to take hom home shortly!
Famke
Famke
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2010-04-11
Number of posts : 738

http://www.vantzonnezicht.com/Javari.html

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 am

Sorry I have missed all this, but hope that Charlie is doing better today, and hopefully he will be back home with you soon. Well done on getting him to the vets quickly, it makes such a difference. Are you any nearer to finding out what has caused the problem yet?

It does seem strange that you have had two dead crows in the garden. Did Charlie go near them at all and possibly pick something up from them? Maybe the vet could find some trace of poison on the crows, if you still have the bodies.

Give Charlie a gentle hug from me. teddy hug

sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by jay16570 Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 pm

Sorry I have missed all this aswell internet playing up, but hope that Charlie is doing better today, and hopefully he will be back home with you soon.
jay16570
jay16570
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2011-06-01
Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi, Carlie had a good night, and was quite perky this morning. They are going to take him off the drip and try him with some food and water and fingers crossed if he is ok he can come home this evening please

They still dont know what the cause is as it will take a couple of days for his other blood results to come back from the lab, we find it strange that its only him and not any of the others, but he is a bit of a rooter and will eat anything. So might have some good news by tonight.
Will keep you all informed. Thank you all once again for your messages and support sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed May 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Farmers do not like crows particularly at a time when there are seeds about (they often have people with guns come and take pot shots at them if there is a large crow population so as you have found two dead maybe poison has been involved and that is how Charlie has become ill). glad he is on the mend hun xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 pm

O no poor lil boy hope he is better soon
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 pm

I hope Charlie is recovering, and that the vets manage to find the cause of it, give him a hug from my girls xPoorly little man! 132239
Michele
Michele
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2008-10-06
Number of posts : 1938

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Wed May 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi, we have got Charlie back home now, infact hes curled up on the bed with me as I type this! think he will be here all night I havn't got the heart to move him. He seems fine although tired, the others were so happy to see him, it was lovely watching them all greet him. We still have to wait for his blood results, and he is on medication, and has to go back in 5 days time when we might know more!!

He was so funny in the car park, he went straight to the car and jumped in, and when we pulled up in the drive and let him out he sped of to the front door, he was so glad to be home.

So Charlie says a big thank you to you all for your well wishes and hugs, and thank you from me and John x teddy hug
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Thu May 03, 2012 6:41 am

suzytzu wrote:Hi, we have got Charlie back home now, infact hes curled up on the bed with me as I type this! think he will be here all night I havn't got the heart to move him. He seems fine although tired, the others were so happy to see him, it was lovely watching them all greet him. We still have to wait for his blood results, and he is on medication, and has to go back in 5 days time when we might know more!!

He was so funny in the car park, he went straight to the car and jumped in, and when we pulled up in the drive and let him out he sped of to the front door, he was so glad to be home.

So Charlie says a big thank you to you all for your well wishes and hugs, and thank you from me and John x Poorly little man! 132239

Aaww bless his little heart. Glad he has recovered so well. Let us hope the blood tests reveal something. Poorly little man! 132239
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Thu May 03, 2012 7:25 am

Glad to hear Charlie is back where he belongs. I am sure he will recover much more quickly at home in comfortable surroundings. teddy hug
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Famke Thu May 03, 2012 8:29 am

Oh bless him! Glad to hear he is back home and I hope he will recover quickly with no ill efects.Poorly little man! 132239
Famke
Famke
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu May 03, 2012 9:59 am

Thank God he is back and I am sure that the vets will be able to solve the riddle. Love to you all xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 pm

That's good news very happy that he is back home were he is meant to be with his family
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by suzytzu Tue May 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Charlie had his check up at the vets today. He is much better now, and the vet was pleased with his progress. They still dont know what it was exactly, but his kidneys and liver seem to be ok which is the main thing.
So thank you all again for your support and hugs for Charlie it really helped sue x
suzytzu
suzytzu
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lissy Tue May 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Aunti Sue and Uncle John, we sent you a text message when we heard, but have had nothing back. Did you get it ??????
Lissy
Lissy
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2010-12-16
Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Famke Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am

Great to hear is is so much better and the liver and kidneys are not affected!Poorly little man! 132239
Famke
Famke
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Wed May 09, 2012 8:54 am

That's really good news xxx
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 pm

I am so pleased for you hugs and kisses xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next