Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

+5
Ioxia, Coco & Saska
lhasalover
mucky mutz
jay16570
simbalove
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Empty Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

Post by simbalove Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Friends of the Animals RCT have taken in a young male shih tzu who was found wandering and in a bit of a state. It appears that he is only about 8 months old. He has been neutered and his coat sorted and is now looking for his forever home. You can read about him here http://foa-rct.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=animalchat&thread=11289&page=1

Last edited by simbalove on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Empty Re: Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

Post by jay16570 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 pm

what a lovely looking dog,how sad tho,what makes anyone treat any dog like this.hope he finds a lovely forever home.
jay16570
jay16570
Limit Dog or Bitch
Limit Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2011-06-01
Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Empty Re: Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home

Post by mucky mutz Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm

were is this doggy located always looking to add to my family x
mucky mutz
mucky mutz
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-04-22
Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

He has just been moved into a foster home in Essex I believe - but they rehome anywhere in the country as long as you are prepared to go and collect/meet the dog. But that is quite a trek from you isn't it??
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:04 pm

BUMP
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 am

We are fostering Alby, we are in a village just outside Colchester fyi. I have taken some lovely photos but I don't know how to upload them tbh so I'll ask my hubby to do it tonight, if possible (& sort out my avatar).

Here is a copy of a post I wrote yesterday on the rescue forum;

"Alby came to us on Saturday, we picked him up on the last leg of the transport run. He's a real little cheeky character; he certainly thinks he is a "Lion Dog" but then he's had to fend for himself for goodness knows how long, so bless his heart he's had a bad start Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Cry.
His rash/sores are healing well, (he's still on antibiotics but only 3 days left). His fur is starting to grow back nice & silky, it's quite uneven & choppy where the vet had to shave off the worst of his matts & we call him Gizmo, as he looks like a gremlin with his short pointy ears! I've booked him in with my groomer in a couple of weeks, (I'll cancel it if he's already found a forever-home) cos I think by then he'll be calm enough & ready for his new look.
He walks lovely on a lead no pulling at all & only gets spooked when we walk through the woods, which is understandable - so I've been avoiding that for now & just going to the park or heath (he loves the duck pond). We are going for two 40 minute walks a day & that seems to have done the trick with his "sexiness" lessening (plus the fact he's been castrated - so we've just got to wait for that testosterone to dissipate completely).
He is very soppy when he's tired & cuddles up on the sofa with me & rolls over for me to stroke his bald spotty belly Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Wink. He's eating a lot but I guess he was starving for a while & I'm sure he is not as skinny as when he arrived but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
We are working on his toilet-training & his cat fixation is also a work in progress, (luckily our cat is a big confident tom, that gives as good as he gets & won't be intimidated). We are using a stair gate so the cat can have some peace upstairs but also so he won't sneak up there & have an accident trying to come down (he can climb the stairs but not descend, so at the moment I'm carrying him down). He does tend to follow me around like my shadow but surprisingly he is not too bad when we go out; he cries/whines/barks for about ten minutes then gives up & goes in his crate for a snooze (I've sneakily watched him through the window).
Things are slowly improving, so I have faith & it is early days yet Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Kiss."

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-04-26
Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Here are some new photos as promised;

He's stopped chasing the cat at last, so I took a piccie of them together.

Don't laugh at our curtains, I know they're jack-ups but we've had to do it for the time being, to stop him peeing on them!

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home 061s
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home 063s
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home 065s
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home IMAG0218s
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home IMAG0220s

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ioxia, Coco & Saska Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Awww he looks like a sweetheart
Ioxia, Coco & Saska
Ioxia, Coco & Saska
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Registration date : 2008-09-21
Number of posts : 987

http://www.freewebs.com/ioxia/

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Aww he looks great - he is not quite as scalped as I thought he might be and he is going to look gorgeous when his coat starts to come back. What a poppet xxx Thanks jaqui (and jon)
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm

He looks like a right mischief maker to me! Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:43 am

What a little darlng he is. I think with the TLC he is getting and the right food he will soon put on weight. It seem that he is getting better already and his confidence will soon return. His coat isn't as short as I was expecting either and that will improve with time and now he is getting a proper diet.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz b Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 pm

O he is so sweet lil pup looks like he needs a munch I hate it when animals get in a state threw humans being mean there is no real need for it o happen. Love his lil feet and bush at te end of his tail lol so cute
Liz b
Liz b
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2012-02-13
Number of posts : 1515

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

http://www.foa-rct.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dogs&action=display&thread=11376&page=1

Above is the link to his rehoming page
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Thu May 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Latest update on FOA RCT;

"My day off is Thurs, so I shall update about Alby once a week on this day, (unless I get any specific questions regarding someone interested in his adoption).

Alby is doing well, his toilet-training is still on-going but he is learning to follow Mimi into the garden now & peeing on walkies (no more scent marking). We tend to only get a wee/poo in the house when I get back from work, but it is next to the back door luckily. (I tend not to leave him longer than 3 hours & he can hold it in over-night, so I'm guessing it's a kind of separation anxiety).

He is still very food-driven & we have to feed the animals separately but he is improving & will let me move his bowl & walk around him while he is eating, without growling. He is learning that our food is not his & no matter how much he barks he will not get scroungings. We do give him treats (he likes diced chicken breast & cheese squares) on a reward basis. He definitely is putting on weight & not gobbling his food like a ravenous thing anymore.

He has become much soppier this week, his DAP collar & neutering/Tardak have done the trick, where his amorousness was concerned & he has stopped humping. He loves chasing his mini tennis balls (will even share the ball with Mimi) & playing with his tug-toys & is bright as a button. He's taken to laying next to me on the sofa in the afternoons when I get in from work, having a cuddle, belly rub, strokes & a brush. He does try to suckle sometimes & licks me softly but I know this is part of puppyhood & as long as he is gentle I don't mind. He's also learned how to come down the stairs on his own, by copying Mimi!

He is very good on walkies & trots along with Mimi no problem, neither of them are keen on the rain tbh but I am putting a coat on each of them, or they won't budge off the doorstep Wink. I've walked him past a few children & he tends to ignore them & is starting to ignore other dogs on a lead too. He does not like dogs off-lead approaching him & will bark & growl; luckily this tends to warn them off.

He's made friends with our cat & dog & they all sleep together on the bed/sofa when having daytime naps (photo below) but at night I think he finds it too hot/crowded, so he likes to sleep on the carpet next to me. (He's gone off the dog bed & tends to only sleep in that when we get back from walkies & he's a bit damp).

Overall I think he is coming on in leaps & bounds, considering his traumatic episode being lost & going to the pound etc. Given time, love & patience he will be a smashing boy".

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home 3onabed

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri May 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Alby certainly looks settled there with Bailey and Mimi (I almost didn't see her and was just going to ask where she was when I noticed the little ball of black and white lol!) Pity she has got her back to us - it would be nice to see one of her pretty face Very Happy Is Bailey a bog boy then or is it just the angle of the photo?

What was the traumatic episode in the forest?
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Sat May 05, 2012 10:31 am

Yes Bailey is a very big BSH cream boy. He's an ex stud/show cat (Grand Champion lines) but lived in a pen & only came out for his "duties" for three years Crying or Very sad . He's now a "rescued", retired & neutered much loved pet, has the run of the house/garden, we are his adoring slaves & he loves it!
Mimi was fast asleep curled up in a little button when Jon took the piccie but I'll try & post a nicer one of her later, as she has a lovely pretty face. It's difficult trying to get a photo of all three of them looking good, cos usually at least one senses you & moves.
She is a small doglet & Bailey is quite a lot bigger than her (& Alby at the moment but looking at his chest/paws & his estimated age, I think Alby's got more growing to do).
I was under the impression Alby was found as a stray in the forest & they did not know how long he'd been lost scratch. He's only really a baby & it must have been so traumatic for him.
He's off to the groomers next week to have his fur evened out a bit & the last of his matts removed. I'll get some lovely photos after & I'm sure he'll be so scrumptious, someone out there won't be able to resist.

Last edited by jacquiann on Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Sat May 05, 2012 10:39 am

Ha Ha I've just looked up Treforest & realised it's not a wood/forest but a place Embarassed. That's cos I don't know Wales I guess.
There was me thinking he was having to fend for himself out in a wild forest! Mind you lbh some urban areas must be just as scary to a little puppy.
I'll go back & edit.

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natts0310 Sat May 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi admin I'm looking to rescue , but carnt seem to post x

Natts0310
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Registration date : 2012-05-05
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Anyone interested in adopting Alby, please fill in an adoption application at Friends of the Animals RCT & they will arrange a home-check.
Link is here;

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/dogadopt.html

Unfortunately he would not be suitable to be re-homed with young children. Please bear in mind he is with us in north Essex; re visiting.

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sun May 06, 2012 11:00 am

jacquiann wrote:Ha Ha I've just looked up Treforest & realised it's not a wood/forest but a place Embarassed. That's cos I don't know Wales I guess.
There was me thinking he was having to fend for himself out in a wild forest! Mind you lbh some urban areas must be just as scary to a little puppy.
I'll go back & edit.
...and I thought you had taken him to a forest and there had been scared by it or something lmao
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 am

Sorry I meant to copy & paste this from FOA RCT Thurs & forgot;

"Alby's weekly update;

Alby was a tad poorly over the BH weekend, he had a gastro-intestinal infection & a cold! He is much better now though, is eating well & his poos are nice & solid at last .
He's put on 100 grammes in two weeks, which I think is great considering he could only have fluids for 24 hours & then was only allowed small portions of chicken & rice for a further 48 hours .
He was well enough to have his 2nd set of vaccinations today & was given a clean bill of health .
Alby met my parents (in their 70's) & my aunt & uncle yesterday, (in their 60's) as they came to tea. He was really good & did not bark or get overwhelmed; he seemed to like the company tbh. He sat on the sofa with my aunt & had lots of cuddles, in fact they have just retired (used to run a Post Office) & I'm sure she was smitten I love you - I dropped a few hints so you never know; worth a try at least!
He's getting much better when we walk past other dogs now & does not lunge, only barks. He's completely stopped his amorousness & his toilet training was coming on really well until he got D&V but I think we are gradually getting there again. We've been practicing calling him to us when he is on full extension of the lead, to start with recall & he does come trotting to us with his tail wagging.
I have noticed he is acting much more like a puppy now he seems to be feeling secure, which is lovely to see. His favourite thing is playing fetch with his mini tennis balls."

We had him groomed yest & I asked her to try & even his fur out but keep it as long as possible; he looks more like a puppy now. I can't wait for his tail & ears to grow back in though. We are going for a lovely walk over the park soon, I'll get Jon to take some nice piccies of him & post them later. We'll try & find a cute one of Mimi full-face too, for you Lesley.
Do you know it's really wierd as he does not like walking through the woods & I assumed it was cos he was found in a forest. (My hubby won't let me hear the last of that misunderstanding, he thinks its hysterical Laughing ).

Last edited by lhasalover on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Sat May 12, 2012 1:06 pm

That is lovely to hear, can't wait to see photo's. It is funny re the forest as I know Trefforest, it isn't too far from where we live.
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home 132239
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm

There are plenty of forests around there mind lol! Looking forward to the photos xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lhasalover Sun May 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Here are the photos of Alby on our usual Sat walk yesterday, over on the village heath.
Jon took some of him when we got back with his fave ball later on the sofa; which shows off his new puppy-cut rather well I think :-*.

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Walkies2
"Walkies" (Mimi's had her usual run in the stream).

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Whats%20that2
"Watching" (two Golden Retrievers chasing a ball).

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Yinandyang2
"Nap".
Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Myball2
"My Ball".

Young Male Shih Tzu looking for new home Havingachew2
"Having a chew".

Jacqui.
P.S. More piccies of Mimi in "Fortune Cookies" photo gallery Lesley.

lhasalover
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sun May 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Just seen them thanks teddy hug
These are great photos too and the groomer has done him proud thumbs up 2
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next