Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today

5 posters

Go down

poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today Empty poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today

Post by annie Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 pm

i have a poorly Freya today she has had 2 injections,1 of antibiotic and 1 of something to stop her being sick, at the vets and we have to go back at 2 ,she was fine last night, we woke up to her crying at 5 am, and she has diarohhea and was frothy sick,i have never been so worried , she is fast asleep at the moment,and i have been giving her glucolyte by a medicine syringe ,praying she will be ok x
annie
annie
Graduate
Graduate

Registration date : 2011-10-02
Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today Empty Re: poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today

Post by carlita Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:33 pm

I hope she will be ok, did she eat anything different ? Im sure the vet will sort her out its horrible when our dogs are ill more so when they are puppies,
carlita
carlita
Open Dog or Bitch
Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2008-10-03
Number of posts : 691

http://www.freewebs.com/carlitashihtzus

Back to top Go down

poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today Empty Re: poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today

Post by annie Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:48 pm

up date , Freya is back from the vets ,fast asleep, she has had a drink and she has eaten a little bit of boiled chicken, we are back to the vet at 9.30 in the morning,Im praying she will be ok through the night,
annie
annie
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Try not to worry too much - it can be anything from just the stress of moving to her new home to even the change in water. You have done exactly the right thing in getting her seen straight away as little puppies can dehydrate very quickly. Having said that they are also very resilient. I don't think your vet can be overly worried about her because if they thought it was something nasty they would most likely have kept her in. Have you changed her diet or did the breeder give you some of her food to take away with you?

I am sending you a big cyberhug as I expect you are in more need of it than Freya. We feel so helpless when our little ones are poorly and when they are so little as in the case of new puppies it is even worse but I am sure things will be fine - though I doubt you will get much sleep yourself tonight teddy hug teddy hug teddy hug
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by annie Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks for the Cyberhug, im now a blubbering wreck, i feed her Beta chicken and rice, same as the breeder, luckily my other dogs eat the same just they eat it dry and not soaked, i dont know if shes picked up any dropped food from under the kitchen table, im struggling to think of what could have caused it, my vet did however say the same as you or words to that effect, .Ive always been quite good with puppies and never had much go wrong, ive even bred a couple of poodle litters , but never ever seen anything like i did this morning, i real thought i would loose her and even though i love all of my animals i have never felt how i do now with Freya, I am hooked!
annie
annie
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:19 pm

This breed does have that effect on us I am afraid lol! Now try to stay calm because one thing I have learned from them over the years is how quickly they pick up on our emotions so if they feel you are worrying they worry too. She looks a good healthy pup in your photos of her and I feel that your vet is not overly worried as I said before. He would have checked her temperature and asked you some questions and if he thought that she was even leaning slightly towards parvo he would have had her in and on a drip. So try to stay calm and STOP beating yourself up about it because even if she has picked up some food from under the table... that is what puppies do and it is not going to kill her. I think that a puppy with a bit of diarrhoea is quite a common occurrence and is more likely to be something to do with just the change of routine and surroundings or (knowing Warrington water) the change of water.

How long have you had her now Annie? hugs kisses hugs
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annie Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 pm

hi, thanks, i got her on saturday 1st october, so only a few days x
annie
annie
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:21 pm

I bet it was the stress of moving that did it then xxxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sands-62 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:11 am

I think you are probably right Lesley . A similar thing happened to my son's Labrador puppy a day or two after they had her. Were you given some of the water that Freyer had been drinking at the breeders so you could mix it in with your water to get her used to it? Glad she is better but it is very worrying when they are so little. I think that the stress of the move will be a lot to do with it. When you think she has been taken away from what she has only known and away from her sibblings,and she won't understand why. So keep up with the tlc and she will be ok in a day or two.
poorly Frayer, been to the vets, itsupposed to be her vaccination day today 132239
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by annie Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:32 am

Freya ia a lot better today thanks, now i have to wean her back on to puppy food, she was on Beta when she came, i was glad of that cause my Mini poodle is still on it and wont have anything else, however i want Freya to have the ultimate coat and want to give her the very best start, not sure what to do now, she has had boiled fish and boiled chicken, rice, scarmbled egg, i thing in the favour of Beta is that she has had it before, ant suggestions ladies x?
annie
annie
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 pm

I personally wouldn't change her diet at the moment if she is used to having the Beta.

Myself I am a great fanatic of Natures Menu Banquet nuggets which is a frozen raw diet of just a blend of meats with a small amount of veg. Since I have had Josh on a natural diet he has been great (he could not tolerate many of the dried foods as a pup) and now I have seen the benefits of this - healthy digestion, good teeth, fab coat and well developed muscle I would not use anything else Very Happy
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 pm

I have always said, keep them on the same diet as the breeder used for at least a month, because will all the changes happening to them in their lives, this is one thing that can easily be kept constant, and allow them to settle nicely. When the time comes to change them, just make sure you use a good quality food and take time to do it slowly. Smile
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by annie Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Very Happy Im not used this at all, My poodles are fab never had any probs with their tummies, but i have tried to give Freya some of her dried food mixed with a bit of water and some of her rice and fish, well shes not daft, she just ate the boiled fish
annie
annie
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Sadly they are quite adept at this sort of thing. You need to stay firm or she will become another shih tzu with an eating disorder (ie only eats what she wants to eat lol!) - she has started trying to train you already!

BTW I have changed my two immediately onto the food I wanted to feed with no problems. Josh i had to because he was having tummy problems with the dry food and Isabella because there was no way she was eating the food her breeder gave me when she could have that lovely meat that Josh was eating lol!

It is just that vets and experts recommend not changing the diet abruptly.
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down