Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Sleep Well
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
    Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    April 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Microchipping with the second vaccination

+8
    Bensmam
    Michele
    Michaela
    sands-62
    Rooney, Roxy&Pip
    Tracy
    denie1234
    simbalove
    12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 Empty Re: Microchipping with the second vaccination

Post by sands-62 Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 am

Frugalkate wrote:My vet told me he would do it when she gets spayed but he wanted $175 dollars on top of the $300 to spay her.

This past Sunday I took Danny for his 2nd year Booster shots to the Pet Store where the first Sunday of every month they have "Vets Without Borders" a low cost Clinic ($27 as opposed to $80 that my vet would have charged me and in these hard economical times it certainly helps). They were also offering the microchip for $40 so I had Bonnie get her micro then. She squirmed and yelped a little but she was fine immediatley after that. It wasn't so badafter all.

My last Shih Tuz was chipped right in front of me also before I was allowed to take her out of the Shelter and she squirmed and let out a yelp as well but she was also fine immediately afterwards.

I think it's worse for us Mums than it really is for our babies.

That is an awful lot of money for Microchipping probably about £125 in our money. We are charged about about $12 roughly £15 (around here anyway). I love the States but I don't think I would have a dog out there if those are the costs. Insuring a dog must be very expensive then if those are the vet fees?
    sands-62
    sands-62
    Best In Show
    Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
    Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Microchipping with the second vaccination - Page 3 Empty Re: Microchipping with the second vaccination

Post by Frugalkate Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:42 pm

I think the £15 is about the same as $40 here in the States once you do the conversion?

I have noticed that my regular vet's charges have gone up quite considerably the last several months. Should I mention that he just built a brand new beautiful vet hospital last summer??
    Frugalkate
    Frugalkate
    Puppy
    Puppy

Registration date : 2011-02-08
    Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Ydes Kate I have to say that when I went into my vets the other week they were decorating and changing it all around (I have been going for 17 years and although they have painted before this was the first time for major reconstruction) and although it is still an old building I noticed the girls had new uniforms and my bill was way more expensive than last year lol!
    simbalove
    simbalove
    Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
    Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Famke Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Here when you get a puppy from an official breeder the puppy is already chipped before moving to his forever home! The number is on all the official paperwork that come along with the pup!
    Famke
    Famke
    Open Dog or Bitch
    Open Dog or Bitch

Registration date : 2010-04-11
    Number of posts : 738

http://www.vantzonnezicht.com/Javari.html

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I think that idea has been mooted here as a way to tackle puppy farming - probably never come to fruition though Sad
    simbalove
    simbalove
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:10 am

The trouble is, there will always be people who want a bargain and are not prepared to pay the price for a good well bred dog, so I think there will always be a market for these underhand breeders looking on their dogs as money making machines. Whatever scheme they introduce to try and beat it will be expensive to run and there will be loopholes. mad as hell
    sujay
    sujay
    Supreme Champion
    Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
    Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Its not just that most ordinary people do not realise that these people are puppy farmers or even what puppy farming is.
    simbalove
    simbalove
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3