Shih Tzu Whispers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sleep Well
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm by simbalove

» Hi New Member
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm by simbalove

»  WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE CHRISTMAS PHOTO COMPETITION
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 pm by TracyDi

» MY BEAUTIFUL BOY JOSH
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 pm by simbalove

» welcome libgor
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:12 pm by Michele

» Little Guy in Swansea needs a new home
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 11:19 am by simbalove

» Hi my 2 well I think Shih tzus
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Michele

» Welcome Wedgiewolves
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 4:01 pm by sands-62

» Welcome Sally
House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 7:11 pm by simbalove

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy

+10
Mercedes55
Michele
sands-62
Ioxia, Coco & Saska
Sandi
x
ewok26
jketernity
YoshiSweet
simbalove
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 Empty Re: House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy

Post by sands-62 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Mercedes55 wrote:Is it just me or are Shih Tzu's slow to pee lmao

I think I could read War & Peace in the time we are walking round and round the garden before Daisy finally decides to have a wee.

She spends most of the time with her nose to the ground sniffing away and picking up any fallen leaf she can find. I had no idea they were such scavengers.

Lyn
Oh Lyn tell me about it? Tasha takes forever to decide when she will do one when you take her out in the garden, and as for a poo, well she races as though she is desperate and you think she has found her spot to put it and then changes her mind and goes somewhere completely different. It is funny but also annoying if you want to take them out and would really like them to be comfortable until we arrive at where we are going. Mali will not do one once she knows that we are taking them out, she will sit at the corner of the house watching for Hubby coming out to get the car out of the garage. So now I don't worry about them so much now they are older. While they were small I did like them to at least have a wee before we went out.
sands-62
sands-62
Best In Show
Best In Show

Registration date : 2009-10-24
Number of posts : 3553

http://csanderson93@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 Empty Re: House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy

Post by simbalove Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:06 pm

No not SHIH TZUS lol! just SHIH TZU BITCHES House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 121985 - and how quickly they forget why they were desperate to go out in the first place at the first sign of anything intersting like a leaf blowing past or a bird flying over or a baby passing in a pram..... boys just cock their leg as they are going through the door House Training (Potty Training) Your New Puppy - Page 2 121985

Oh and forgot to say that it is fine to go into any deep puddle, rock pool stream or sea or to sit outside in the pouring rain and refuse to come in but please DO NOT ASK ME TO GET MY BITS WET BY HAVING A WEE IN THE RAIN!!!!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Registration date : 2008-09-18
Number of posts : 10573

http://shihtzuwhispers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:59 am

That is soooooo true Lesley! Simba sits in the rain watching the drops come down quite happily, but mention having a wee and it's a big no no! bouncy lol
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Tue May 07, 2013 4:17 pm

bump
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo's Mummy Tue May 07, 2013 5:22 pm

This is great thank you for doing this Lesley...we put pads out for Milo and he does use them but we do have slip ups and sometimes we do tend to get up in a morning to find Milo with a wet belly because he has wet himself through the night but at his age that's to be expected as he is a tiny baby.
I will be glad when he has had his injections which hopefully he will be having his first one at weekend and then when they are completed he then can start going in our garden.
I will certainly be keeping this post in mind so i can keep coming back for reference..
hugs
Gemma
Milo's Mummy
Milo's Mummy
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2013-04-28
Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

you are welcome Gemma xxx it won't be long before he starts to go through the night xxx
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie01 Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:34 pm

We are on day two of proper training outside and it is not going too badly.
Willow has been using pads indoors up to now.

That's interesting to know that they usually go twice in the morning as I was beginning to think she wasn't emptying her bladder properly.

This morning she did her wee in the garden and then about 1/2hr later did one in the house but now I know, I will keep an eye on her.

She tends to have a pee about the size of a 50pence piece which usually lands on the edge of the rug but then does a proper one outside.

I have taken the pads up completely but not sure if that's the right thing to do.

I am finding it a bit harder with Willow because you have to go through the lounge to get to the garden. With my other two, we had a back door in the kitchen so less accidents on carpet.

Early days yet so I am sure she will get there eventually.
maggie01
maggie01
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2014-01-26
Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 pm

I had a bit of a problem once with one of mine.  My garden was reached from the lounge and when I was house training them I had a mat and papaer by the door.  The stairs were also in the lounge.  When I moved I still had stairs in the lounge but a back door from  my kitchen.  i had a few accidents at the bottom of the stairs with one of my little bitches until I twigged what was happening... she had associated going to the stairs to ask me to let her out not the door lmao  For the rest of the time we lived in that house she always ran to the stairs and looked at me to let me know before going to the back door to go out Very Happy

You will get there in the end - she is still very young so she is doing really well.

i have just had a bit of a mishap with my rescue bitch who has been as clean as a whistle from the day she came BUT I just treated myself to a new rug and she has done three little piddles on it.  I was a bit flummoxed but I think I have worked it out... it doesn't smell like grass but it does feel like it - so I guess she thought I had put a lawn in the lounge for her to save her getting wet in the dreadful rain lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzey Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 pm

simbalove wrote: so I guess she thought I had put a lawn in the lounge for her to save her getting wet in the dreadful rain lol!

bouncy lol
Suzey
Suzey
Junior
Junior

Registration date : 2014-02-03
Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by simbalove Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 pm

glad you found that funny lol!
simbalove
simbalove
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sujay Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:34 am

That is hysterical, I love the way shih tzu think! What a lovely kind mammy you are to save your babies having to go outside when it is raining.   bouncy lol
sujay
sujay
Supreme Champion
Supreme Champion

Registration date : 2009-07-19
Number of posts : 2636

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercedes55 Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:01 pm

That is funny Lesley  lol! 

Honestly though I think they must be one of the most difficult dogs to housetrain.  If there was an award for being slow in housetraining then I think Daisy would stand a good chance of winning it.  She will be 2 in April and dare I say she is pretty much there now!  We get the odd bit of "excitement peeing" if OH plays with her too much and gets her too excited, but apart from that she seems to be fine now and it's been a really long haul getting her to where we are now.  Mind you she still doesn't bark to go out, she will just stand by the french doors as if she wants to go out, some of the time she does, some of the time it's just a game she is playing  damn 

Lyn
Mercedes55
Mercedes55
Challenge Certificate
Challenge Certificate

Registration date : 2012-08-01
Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2